- easy to use
- stable gluing
- high quality tape material
Easy to use:
replacing normal rim-tape, Caffélatex Tubeless Tape easily adapts to rim internal profiles and makes standard rims air-tight, sealing spoke holes.
It allows tubeless conversion of most standard wheels, using Tubeless or Tubeless-Ready tyres and Caffélatex sealant. Thanks to its low memory, it doesn’t ‘spring back’ once put down in the rim channel, for increased stability.
state-of-the-art. The special adhesive (can stick to silicone-treated paper) doesn’t have the immediate tack of natural rubber glue used in cheaper tapes… but develops a stronger bonding over time and is much more tolerant to temperature and umidity changes and aging.
1 inch instead of 3 inch-diameter cores of most tapes, to save space and to make it easier tensioning it while taping the rim (inserting the thumb inside the core, it happens very naturally).
to preserve the tape properties over time, each tape is contained into a re-sealable bag.
- before gluing Caffélatex Tubeless Tape inside the rim, carefully clean the rim-bed, removing any trace of grease or lubricant. For this use alcohol or other degreaser, then – VERY IMPORTANT – clean carefully with a clean, dry cloth (adhesion on dried-up alcohol is difficult);
- use one layer for mountain (up to 4 bar) and two for road (up to 8 bar) applications;
- APPLYING THE TAPE:
- start 2 cm before the valve hole applying the Tape. Our Tape is flexible but not stretchable, so it will adapt to surfaces but won’t change its lenght/width when pulled. This is a plus, as a stretched out tape will tend to move and revert to its original size over time, breaking the adhesive bond;
- keep Caffélatex Tubeless Tape tensioned while you apply it, making it stick FIRST to the center of the rim channel, making sure no bubbles and wrinkles appear. Continue on the whole circumference, always focusing on the center of the rim channel, until you get past the valve by 2 cm (you get a 4 cm double layer across the valve). If possible, avoid finger contact with the last part of the tape, to maximise adhesion on the most exposed segment of the tape;
- only in a second time, with a clean rug/cloth, push the tape down on the sides of the rim channel, on the whole circumference. That will ensure you get a perfect application.
- use a sharp spike or a screwdriver to make a round hole in Caffélatex Tubeless Tape at the valve hole. Avoid using a cutter knife and doing an “X” cut: that might prevent proper air-tightness at the valve base.
- “S” for rims with external section between 20 and 24 mm;
- “M” for rims with external section between 25 and 29 mm;
- “L” for rims with external section between 30 and 34 mm.
- 20,5 mm x 8 m (S)
- 25 mm x 8 m (M)
- 29 mm x 8 m (L)
- 20,5 mm x 50 m (S Shop)
- 25 mm x 50 m (M Shop)
- 29 mm x 50 m (L Shop)