BIKERADAR, UK 08.2022
Effetto Mariposa Giustaforza II 2-16 Pro Deluxe
- Good: Compact, high quality, accurate, classy looks
- Bad: Expensive, ratchet head spoils clearance compared to original
Made in Italy, the Pro version from Effetto Mariposa is positioned as the premium cycling-specific torque wrench. Testing showed reliable accuracy and ease of use.
The ‘Deluxe’ tool wrap and bits are great quality and it even includes a free calibration service (in Italy…). All wrapped up, it’s compact and doesn’t waste space in the toolbox.
The ratcheting head makes tightening quicker, but does remove some of the clearance the original non-ratcheting version the brand became famous for.
Even with such praise, it’s priced at a premium and doesn’t offer a great deal over more generic Taiwanese options. It’s certainly one for those who appreciate both form and function.
- Price: $260 / £190 / AU$395 as tested
- Torque range: 2-16Nm
- Bits included: 2, 2.5, 3, 4 (long), 5 (long) & 6mm hex, Torx 10, 15, 20, 25 (long) & 30, Phillips #2, 100mm extension
- Weight: 192g
- Length: 170mm
- Clearance: 52mm
- Ratchet function: Yes
- Average torque reading at 3/5/8Nm: 3.05/4.9/8.06Nm