- Easy to use
- High quality tape material and adhesive
- Extended range of widths
Easy to use
Replacing standard rim tape or rim strip, Caffélatex Tubeless Tape makes rims air-tight, sealing spoke holes. It easily adapts to rim internal profiles and, thanks to its low memory, it doesn’t ‘spring back’ once put down in the rim channel, for increased stability. Its adhesion is state-of-the-art.
High quality tape
Caffélatex Tubeless Tape is not your average “multi-purpose” tape. Relying on polyester instead of common PVC material, Caffélatex Tubeless Tape is light, thin and highly resistant to damages and pressure. Its special adhesive doesn’t have the immediate tack of natural rubber glues used in cheaper tapes, but develops a stronger bonding over time and is much more tolerant to temperature and humidity changes and aging.
At Effetto Mariposa we are not obsessed with lightness, but we certainly like light parts. Caffélatex Tubeless Tape has gained the reputation for being the perfect complement to featherweight wheels: in size M, it adds only 5,5 g to a 29” mountain bike wheel!
Before gluing Caffélatex Tubeless Tape inside the rim, carefully clean the rim channel with a degreaser and a clean cloth, removing any trace of grease or lubricant. Remove any eventual trace of dried-up degreaser with a dry, clean cloth.
APPLYING THE TAPE
- Start applying Caffélatex Tubeless Tape 2 cm before the valve hole. Our Tape is flexible but not easily stretchable, so it will adapt to surfaces but will only marginally change its length/width when pulled. This is a plus, as a stretched-out tape will tend to move and revert to its original size over time, breaking the adhesive bond.
- Keep Caffélatex Tubeless Tape tensioned while you apply it, making it stick first to the center of the rim channel, making sure no bubbles and wrinkles appear. Use one layer for off-road (up to 4 bar) and two for road (up to 8 bar) applications. Continue on the whole circumference, always focusing on the center of the rim channel, until you get past the valve by 2 cm: you get a 4 cm double (for off-road) or triple (for road) layer across the valve. If possible, avoid finger contact with the last part of the tape, to maximize adhesion on the most exposed segment of the tape
- Only in a second time, with a clean rug/cloth, push the tape down on the sides of the rim channel, on the whole circumference. That will ensure you get a perfect adhesion.
Use a sharp spike or a screwdriver to make a round hole in Caffélatex Tubeless Tape at the valve hole. Avoid using a cutter knife and doing an “X” cut: that might prevent proper air-tightness at the valve base.
Caffélatex Tubeless Tape is available in six widths:
- S (20,5 mm): for rims with internal width between 16 and 20 mm;
- M (25 mm): for rims with internal width between 20 and 25 mm;
- L (29 mm): for rims with internal width between 25 and 29 mm;
- Plus S (34 mm): for rims with internal width between 29 and 34 mm;
- Plus M (40 mm): for rims with internal width between 34 and 40 mm;
- Plus L (45 mm): for rims with internal width between 40 and 45 mm.
Each width (S, M, L, Plus S, Plus M, Plus L) is available in two length options, 8 m and 50 m Shop rolls. To preserve the tape properties over time, each tape can be stored inside its re-sealable bag.