Caffélatex ZOT! Nano - catalyst for CaffélatexRegular price 15.00 CHF
Caffélatex ZOT! Nano is a catalyst that instantly solidifies Caffélatex sealant. Functioning as the chemical equivalent of a tyre plug, it’s useful in case of relevant punctures (up to 10 mm in size, well above the capacity of any liquid sealant).
- Caffélatex ZOT! Nano instantly solidifies Caffélatex sealant, helping it fix big punctures
- ZOT! Nano solidifies Caffélatex sealant locally and only when needed
- It works also for tubulars
How it works
Caffélatex ZOT! Nano is a polymerization catalyst that instantly coagulates Caffélatex, useful in case of relevant tyre damages. When a big (between 5 and 10 mm) puncture occurs and Caffélatex sealant comes out of the hole without repairing it, ZOT! can be injected through the hole itself: the “catalyzed” Caffélatex will solidify and repair the damage.
Caffélatex ZOT! Nano (10 ml) is the improved version of our original ZOT! 30 ml (discontinued). This Caffélatex-specific catalyst is contained inside a small, squeezable 10 ml bottle, ending with a 10 mm long, 1 mm diameter metal needle. Thanks to this, ZOT! activates Caffélatex (or Espresso / Espresso Doppio) sealant with surgical precision, without enlarging the puncture.
The metal needle allows precise injection of ZOT!, even inside small punctures. ZOT!, engineered to specifically work with Caffélatex sealant formula (also contained inside Espresso and Espresso Doppio cartridges), coagulates Caffélatex locally, without reducing its normal lifespan inside the tyre. One bottle of ZOT! is enough for 2 to 5 times.
Forget it on the bike, until you need it
ZOT! stays on the side of the bottle cage, held by its specific clip. ZOT! bottle can be easily opened/re-sealed with a practical silicone plug. The small size and reduced weight make it good also for weight conscious cyclists.
Tips for best results
- Caffélatex has to be liquid inside the tyre when the puncture occurs (ZOT! by itself has no sealing properties, it simply catalyzes Caffélatex solidification).
- While ZOT! + Caffélatex can function on tyres with inner tubes, tubeless tyres are the easiest to work with.
- Tubulars: those with a tubular-tubeless construction (where the inner tube is integrated in the casing, like Tufos) offer a higher chance of success.
- The wheel can be positioned with the puncture on top. After inserting the tip of ZOT! bottle and squeezing it INSIDE the tyre, the wheel should then be rotated taking the puncture to the lowest point, to make sure a maximum of Caffélatex gets to the critical area, for a chance to repair it.
IMPORTANT: simply pouring ZOT! on the outside of the tyre, won’t fix major damages. For best results, insert ZOT! bottle needle through the hole and inside the casing (to create a physical plug of solid Caffélatex inside the tyre).